• No additional agenda items
• Attendance Sheet completed
Principal Report7:02– 7:25
• Leaking heating coil has been replaced in the school’s kitchen office. Shelving is now being replaced.
• East side of school windows are being replaced. Subcontractors have been parking and dropping off supplies in the student drop off area. General contractor has been notified that the student drop-off area must remain clear. Deliveries of materials, in future, should be after 5 pm or on weekends.
• Ms. Dhillon- Perre and Mme. Saprykina’s classes will remain in present locations through to the end of the year even after window work has been completed
• Ms McWinnie’s resource classes have been and will continue to work in the resource room off the library until the end of the year.
• Roof repairs have not yet begun.
• Accessibility renovations will soon begin. Ramps will be installed near entrances and exits. This will be done beginning during March Break.
• Second floor and third floor are being planned for accessibility. Perhaps the option of an elevator will be investigated.
• Gym floor repairs are being discussed for future.
• Sound system improvements may be made, in future, in the auditorium.
• Lighting in the Auditorium may be improved, in future.
• Jungle Sport is fully booked for the rest of this school year and so it has been booked for JEJMS for October 2018. The cost is $7.50/student. The equipment will stay on site for school use for a whole school week.
• Popcorn machine needs to be replaced, if popcorn is planned for Movie Night.
• First term reports will be going home on Tuesday, February 13. This report card focusses on assessments from September to January with an emphasis on more recent assessments.
• Interview are taking place on February 15 and 16. Parents can book an interview with their child/children’s teachers online @ http://www.schoolinterviews.ca code is jejms
• More items are gradually being placed on the new web-based school calendar. It can be found on the landing page of the school website. http://schoolweb.tdsb.on.ca/johnenglish
• Norseman Junior Intermediate School addition is underway and there is rezoning underway for the Norseman and Castlebar catchments.
• Family Day is February 19. There is no school.
• Extended French application deadline is tomorrow (February 8, 2018)
• Ski day for Grades 6/7/8 is February 22.
• School Musical is May 9 and 10.
Ms. Jenkins7:25– 7:40
• Eco schools – Bag2School fundraiser donations will divert approximately one ton of textiles from the landfills and, in addtion to this the school received $150 for the items donated.
• February 27 is school interim eco-audit. JEJMS is trying to maintain Platinum status.
• Forest of Reading programs are ongoing. Blue Spruce Picture Book Program, Silver Birch Express for Grades 3-5, Silver Birch Fiction Grades 5-6.
• 60 – 100 students are spending lunch hours in the library daily.
Teacher’s Report7:40 – 7:45
• Winter Walk and Global Play Day was today.
• Valentines dance is on Friday.
• Speech contest in French is on February 23, for Grade 4 -8 students (Concour D’art Oratoire).
• Badminton is ongoing for Grades 5 – 8.
• Volleyball and hockey teams are currently going on.
• K-3 February 22 Jump Rope for Heart.
SAC BoardBusiness7:45 – 8:10
• Marlies Game – Sunday March 25, payments can be set up on schoolcashonline.ca
• Date for Movie Night/Basket Raffle confirmed for Friday April 13.
• Pizza Day inquiry into tipping the pizza drivers for Friday Pizza lunches. SAC decided that a $20 tip per driver is appropriate, moving forward.
• SAC website hosting – it was decided that our site will be moved to WordPress. A call will be put out to ask for parents to help update the SAC website.
• Thursday, February 22: PIAC hosting School Council Appreciation and Information Evening.
• Thursday, March 1: Trustee Pamela Gough’s Ward 3 meeting – School Council “Night Out”, parents can share, learn and network. Featuring mocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
Meeting Ends 8:10
• Health & Safety (transition year with Craig Spencer)
• Anyone who is interested in position please contact SAC sacinfo
Next Meetings – Thursday, April 5 and Wednesday, May 9
Stay in touch with Trustee Pamela Gough – sign up for her monthly e-newsletter at www.tdsb.on.ca/ward3/Ward3.aspx or follow her on Twitter @pamelagough
Twitter: @JohnEnglishJM Facebook: JohnEnglishSAC Web: www.johnenglish.ca